Cosmetic companies are flooding the market with their many lines of lotions and creams but do you even know what you are applying to your face and body? Here’s a way to save some money and reward your body by making your own homemade lotions. You’ll find two homemade lotion recipes on this page, including a recipe for homemade hand lotion.
Creating Lotions From Scratch
Isn’t it great to do something healthy for your body? You can say “no” to all those preservatives and additional chemicals when you make your first homemade lotion from scratch. Even better, this recipe helps prevent wrinkles.
You will need water and the following:
1 tbs (15 ml) Linden Flower Water
1 tsp (5 ml) Liquid Honey
2 tsp (10 ml or 7 g) Yellow Beeswax
1 tbs (15 ml) Shea Butter
2 tsp (10 ml) Wheat-germ Oil
1 tbs (15 ml) Almond Oil
3 drops Jasmine Essential Oil
2 drops Myrrh Essential Oil
1. In a large pot, pour about 2 cm (1 inch) of water and put it on low heat.
2. Fill a small bowl with the linden flower water and honey and place the bowl in the pot. Be careful not to spill the content of the bowl into the water.
3. Fill a medium bowl with the beeswax and place the bowl in the pot as well.
4. Once the beeswax has melted, add the shea butter and stir until it is fully melted.
5. Add the wheat-germ and almond oil and beat the mixture to incorporate all ingredients.
6. Both the small and medium bowls should now be at the same temperature. Gradually incorporate the linden flower water and honey to the medium bowl, one drop at a time. Whisk constantly.
7. Once the two bowls have been combined and are thoroughly mixed, remove from the heat and let the mixture cool by stirring it again.
8. Add the essential oils and mix well.
9. Pour the mixture into a glass jar.
10. Let the cream cool off then place the lid on and label your jar with Shea Butter Anti-Wrinkle Cream and today’s date.
Recipe for Homemade Hand Lotion
Here is a recipe that you’ll love. It’s really easy to make and if you like coconut, you may have problems keeping your hands away from your nose.
You will need:
5 tbs (75 ml) Coconut Oil
1.5 tbs (22 ml) Almond Oil
10 drops Lavender Essential Oil
10 drops Lemon Essential Oil
1. Using a double-boiler, warm the coconut oil until it melts.
2. Mix in the almond oil and stir.
3. Turn off the heat and add the essential oils.
4. Mix well and pour your lotion into a glass jar.
5. Let the mixture cool before putting on the lid.
6. Label your hand lotion “Coconut Lotion” with today’s date.
There are many other recipes that you can make in the comfort of your home. Have fun and experiment with the essential oils that you love.
September 17th, 2008
Pregnancy brings new concerns. Not only are you concerned about your health and the health of your baby, but your skin will definitely be put through the ringer during your pregnancy....
Vitamin E is one of the most studied vitamins in the world because of its antioxidant, restorative properties. It does wonders for heart health but it is best known for safeguarding...
Many people suffer from dry skin during anytime of the year. Perhaps it is genetics, too much time spent in the sun, or the dry winters that cause dry skin. Regardless of the reason,...
In terms of skin care it is very important to keep in mind its characteristics, so we can offer our face a proper treatment. We will continue presenting these two diametrically...
Cosmetic products have invaded our lives. Ads for cosmetics are everywhere - on every street, in magazines, on television, all over the Internet. Even though we may not realize...
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.