The scientific name for oats is Avena sativa. In terms of nutrition it ranks among the best food options out there. Oats are loaded with nutrients, and for that reason it is popular with dieters and anyone seeking a healthier lifestyle. Dieters and health conscious consumers may nonetheless want to know how many calories are in oatmeal. Quaker Oats Oatmeal being almost the standard of oatmeal is a good choice to look at.
Quaker Oatmeal Caleries
Quaker Oatmeal comes in various sizes and varieties and so the amount of calories changes. Some standard caloric counts for this old favorite regardless of packaging are as follows:
• A 28.0gram packet (1 serving) has 100 calories with 18 being from fat
• Quick Quaker Oats is one of the big conveniences of modern life. This ½ cup dry oats or 40gram serving has 150 calories with 25 being from fat. If it is fortified with skimmed milk, the caloric count moves up to 190 with 25 being from fat.
The caloric counts are based on 2000 calories per day diet.
One of the most popular recipes using Quaker Oats Oatmeal is oatmeal cookies. The recipe below comes directly from the Quaker Oatmeal company.
Quaker Oatmeal Ingredients
Famous Oatmeal Cookies
• 3/4 cup vegetable shortening
• 1 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
• ½ cup granulated sugar
• 1 egg
• ¼ cup water
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 3 cups Quaker Oats, uncooked (quick or old fashioned)
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 tsp salt (optional)
• ½ tsp baking soda
• Preheat oven to 350 F
• Beat together shortening, sugars, egg, water an vanilla until creamy
• Add dry ingredients and mix well
• Drop by round teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.
• Bake for 12 to 15 minutes
• Remove to cooling rack
There are many variations to this recipe such as the inclusion of raisins or substitution of milk or the water.
Each cookie from this recipe contains about 70 calories.
April 12th, 2009
There is no denying the harmful effects of smoking on health. Thousands die from smoking related illnesses every year and it has placed an enormous burden on the healthcare system....
Despite the bad rap it sometimes gets, cholesterol is actually essential for the body to function. It is a fact however that high levels can have adverse effects on health. There...
Fruit has been an important part of the human diet for as long as mankind has walked the earth. The nutritional value of fruit is fairly vast, and it is believed by many that we...
Simply put, if you want to lose weight and burn fat, you have to eat. Most people don’t associate eating with fat loss, but it is a proven, scientific fact. The human body wasn’t...
Food determines a great deal in our lives. It determines whether we are healthy or unhealthy. It determines whether we feel good and energized or poorly and sluggish. For human...
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.