The prostate is a walnut size gland in males located at the base of the bladder. It surrounds the outer aspect of the urethra, a tube in which urine drains from the bladder through the penis. The main function of the prostate is to help control urination by pressing down on the urethra which stops the flow of urine. It also contributes prostatic fluid which when added to sperm makes semen which exits the penis in the form of ejaculate.
Another function of the prostate that is being discovered by more and more men is self prostate milking or prostate stimulation. Men have discovered that prostate stimulation, if done properly, can provide a stimulating sexual experience that sometimes leads to orgasm.
The health benefits of prostate milking and stimulation include regular emptying and filling of prostatic fluid. Additionally, the massage and resultant stimulation and relaxation increases circulation and blood flow to the region which promotes healthy tissues.
Some men initially feel self conscious with performing prostate massage or stimulation. If you fall into this category, review the following tips to help make you more at ease.
Tips and Instructions for Prostate Milking
1) Empty your bladder and bowel prior to performing self stimulation to help empty the rectal vault and allow maximum relaxation
2) Practice good hygiene and in addition to washing your hands, clean the area around your rectum so that it is free of stool and bacteria
3) Trim your nails so as not to inadvertently scratch yourself. This will also help remove any additional dirt or bacteria that may be underneath your nails.
4) Apply a generous amount of lubricant to the rectum and gloved finger
5) Lie in a comfortable position that allows you to relax
6) Insert gloved finger with the tip of your finger pointing to the belly button and locate the prostate which is approximately two inches from the rectal entrance
7) Gently move your finger from the lateral, outer aspect of the prostate to the center. It is important not to massage vigorously as this can cause damage to sensitive tissue around the prostate.
Although it appears to be a safe practice in men with healthy prostates, prostate stimulation is not recommended in those with acute prostatitis (inflammation of the prostate), prostate infection or cancer of the prostate. Consult with your medical provider if you have any questions as to whether prostate self stimulation is safe for you.
February 10th, 2009
The more people become comfortable about their bodies and the more assertive they become about taking care of their own health and sexual needs, the more they will look for safe...
The prostate is a small gland of a chestnut size. It is located below the bladder and it surrounds the upper part of the urethra - the tube that carries urine and semen through...
If you are a male, you should be concerned about the possibility of prostate cancer. Many men are so concerned that they get prostate cancer screening annually. Do you need annual...
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) affects about fifty percent of the men over the age of 50. The presence of the condition does not mean that you will get prostate cancer, but...
A diagnosis of prostate cancer can definitely get your attention. There are many things that will flow through your mind – and one of those issues will be the treatment that...
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.