Bad things happen to everyone. At one point in your life, you may feel like you have no reason to live, but this does not happen to everyone, despite the fact that bad things happen to everyone. When you have suicidal thoughts, you need to know that this is the first sign that there is a real problem, and you need to get help. You need to start by listing 10 reasons why you should not commit suicide, instead of focusing on the reasons why you should.
First Steps when Considering Suicide
If you start by listing the ten reasons why you should not commit suicide, your chances of living are much greater. It is vital that you stop and do this before taking any other steps, or that you call the Suicide hotline at 1-800-273-8255 so that they can give you the reasons why you should continue to live, if you cannot think of any reasons in your current state of mind. The important thing is not to take any hasty actions that may end your life, or leave you permanently damaged in a failed suicide attempt.
10 Reasons Why Suicide Should Not be an Option
- The situation will change. Even if you can’t see a light at the end of the tunnel right now, there is a light that you will eventually see. The current situation will get resolved, one way or another, and then it will be over and you can get on with your life, no matter how bad the situation is.
- Suicide is a final decision, and it cannot be undone. It’s permanent. Living is an option that allows you many decisions and outs, and it isn’t permanent at all.
- You are trying to escape your pain or bad situation, and in this effort, you will be giving others pain, and creating a bad situation for them. That isn’t fair to the people that you love or the people that love you.
- You have the power to determine your own destiny, and while suicide is an option, it is the end of your destiny. It’s better to live and work to make your future better and brighter.
- Because of how your feeling right now, you have the unique ability to actually help other people who will feel just as you do right now. Use that, and live to make someone else’s life better, improving your own in the process.
- You will never again be able to eat the foods that you love, to dance, to have sex, or to do any of the other things that you truly love and enjoy if you commit suicide.
- Every person in the world has a role in this world, including you. When you leave this world, the entire world is irreversibly changed forever.
- Some of the greatest and best things in life are born from the worst situations. Why don’t you stick around to find out what great things your bad situation is going to bring to your life? If you die, you’ll never know.
- You could be the reason why someone else lives. You don’t know who will enter your life in the future, or the role that you will play in their ultimate happiness.
- No matter how alone you feel, you are never really alone. There are approximately 6 billion other people on the planet. Go find some of them, and you will most likely find peace and happiness as well, and experience something other than loneliness.
Getting Help for Suicidal Thoughts or Tendencies
If you have ever truly had any suicidal thoughts, or considered suicide, you should definitely seek help. There are many sources of help that are available to you, including free resources. Start by calling the suicide hotline, at 1-800-273-8255.
Through this free, national service, you should be able to talk through your immediate feelings, and be directed to further help in your area, including affordable and free options. Make sure that you get treatment, even after the initial desire to commit suicide has passed.
August 17th, 2010
Most people who are considering suicide do not want to die, they want to stop hurting and they cannot find a way through their hopelessness. They may not ask for help, but because...
Do you feel like bad things happen to you more than good things happen? Do you feel like you have the worst luck on the planet, or that the universe is working against you? This...
Do you have a grand plan for your immediate future? What about your distant future? Are you one of those people who only live in the moment with no regard for the future? Goals...
Going to the gym for your workout three times a week can become very old, very fast. Before you know it, you are only going once a week, and it won’t be long before you’ve...
No matter how sane and in control you are, at some point in your life, you will have some form of an emotional breakdown. It is important to not only understand what an emotional...
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.